The University of Iowa Trademark Licensing Program seeks to comply with all NCAA rules and regulations. Compliance with these rules and regulations inquires that all products be produced by licensed vendors ONLY with no exceptions.
- Customization will be on officially licensed product purchased from Herky’s Locker Room only.
- Per NCAA Rules and Regulations, NCAA Bylaw 18.104.22.168 states that “items that include an individual student-athlete’s name, picture, or likeness (e.g. name on jersey, name or likeness on a bobble head doll) may not be sold.” Therefore players’ names CANNOT be used on jerseys, unless customer is an immediate family member of said player (State issued ID must be presented, no exceptions). ***For family rules see below***
- Customized apparel is to be for personal use only and cannot be re-sold.
- Herky’s Locker Room reserves the right to deny customization of any product where the name saying could be construed as offensive to others. This includes but is not limited to: language that is discriminatory, vulgar, or derogatory towards opposing team, coach or institution.
- No returns, refunds, or exchanges are allowed unless the product is determined defective. Correct spelling of names must be provided by the customer.
- The University of Iowa also prohibits the use of retired player’s names and numbers; those include #24 Nile Kinnick and #62 Cal Jones.
Family Members of current players:
NCAA allows student-athlete’s immediate family members to secure apparel with their son’s or daughter’s name or picture, provided the apparel is for family’s personal use. Failure to comply with these rules and regulations can jeopardize student-athletes eligibility, or result in NCAA sanctions for the team and/or school. Below are the rules that the family members must abide by:
- Verification that order is from student-athletes family only. (State issued ID must be provided, no exceptions).
- Product must be for personal use only.
- Product may not be re-sold by family.